Breaking

The typo that led a man to a stranger's stag party


When he first read the email, Will Novak, from Arizona, thought it was a scam.
"It seemed so urgent, like one of those emails you get from a 'prince' asking you to send them money," he told the BBC.

The email, titled Angelo's bachelor party, had been intended for a small group of friends. It set out the details of an upcoming ski trip to Vermont, to "send Angelo off" into married life.
Will doesn't know anyone called Angelo. He decided to reply.
It was that decision that started what Will calls the "strangest" week of his life.
"I do not know who Angelo is," Will wrote. "I am a Will Novak, who lives in Arizona. Vermont seems like a very far way for me to travel for the bachelor party of a guy I've never met. That being said, count me in."
Will describes his reply as a joke. He offered to bring along his "sweet Nintendo Switch" games console or a selection of Sudoku puzzles, if that was more to Angelo's taste.
"I didn't expect them to respond," Will said, "but two days later, they did."

Pages